Saturday, May 10, 2008

Show and Tell





"The only stupid questions are those that go unanswered, and through writing we can answer our 'stupid' questions in private."

When brainstorming for this painstaking activity, I thought about the many questions I had to ask and learn from. None of them were stupid, but once they were answered they appeared extremely obvious. I think it is stupid to not ask the "obvious", because what is obvious to one person is not obvious to another. I added the second part of the sentence when I realized that all of the knowledge gained in this particular class is in writing. Through writing, I can either answer my own questions during the process, or I can help answer someone else's question(s) with the finished product.

I first did this sentence outside in the mud where my dad is rebuilding our deck. I decided that I didn't like it. I didn't feel it "expressed" the person I am. The multicolored rigatoni noodles definitely share many characteristics with me. I am quirky, twisted, multi-personality-containing, and many other things. This sentence says a lot about me, while declaring how important writing is to our knowledge gain in this thing we call humanity.

1 comment:

Steven D. Krause said...

Pretty good invention here, Chelsee! What did you lay this pasta out on top of in this?