Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting Started



Hello!
My name is Chelsee Harris. I am a Language, Literature, and Writing major for secondary education. I work full-time as a manager and waitress for the local A&W near my home. I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I plan to marry in the next two years, as soon as I graduate. I have been attending EMU for two years and already have junior status. I am working very hard to complete school in the shortest amount of time possible. While I love college, I am very eager to get in the classroom and begin sharing my love of literature with my students.

I am only taking this class during the spring semester, as I needed a slight break from attending classes; I took 17 credits in the winter semester. I figure I can focus all of my attention on one writing class, do my best, and earn my three credits to the best of my ability. Plus, this online class allows more flexibility in dealing with my schedule.

I have one niece and one nephew, Ellee and Kaden. They are the best babies in the world! They are so much fun and are so smart, and I am truly blessed to have them in my life. The picture in the upper left-hand corner I have posted is of my grandma (whom I call Mummum) and me in their condo located on Marco Island in Florida. Every year we head down there for Easter break, and it has become our favorite place in the world. The other picture is of some of the girls in my family...we are a very close-knit bunch, and I plan to keep it that way :)

Thanks for listening! Can't wait to see what the semester brings!


No comments: